Welcome back Montview Families,
Happy new school year! We are excited about starting the school year and welcoming our students and families back to our learning community. Believe it or not, we miss you while you are gone. However, we realize that summer break is a wonderful time for families to Sharpen the Saw and spend quality time together. We already know that our students will come through the door bursting with stories of the summer and ready for the learning and growing they are going to do this year.
As always, I want to introduce you to the newest members of our team. New to Montview this year, we have Mrs. Dayla Kelley in Preschool and Lauren Nelson in Kindergarten. You will also see a new friendly face in the office, Ms. Elena Flores, our front office clerk. Please say “hello” to them if you see them around. If you are a new family to Montview, welcome!
This year, we have a new math curriculum called Bridges. All of the teachers have been trained during the summer and are looking forward to seeing our students grow as mathematicians. We are continuing our work with Teachers College Reading and Writing Project for literacy. Our students are passionate about reading and writing.
Here are some reminders as we get the school year up and running:
- Our goal for Average Daily Attendance is 98%. Students move into the chronically absent category when they miss two or more days per month. Research shows this puts their learning at risk. Students learn best when they are here everyday!
- September 6th – 5:00 – 6:30 pm is Back to School Night! Please mark your calendars and make every effort to be there.
- Homework - will be given daily. Please help your child read at night and complete their homework.
- Communication – ALL STUDENTS WILL BRING FRIDAY FOLDERS HOME EVERY FRIDAY. All communication about upcoming events and notices will be sent home in these folders. Please sign and return them every Monday.
- Teachers – Please make every effort to get to know your child’s teacher. They are very hard working and achieve a lot, but they deserve and need your support.
That is all for now! Thank you in advance for partnering with us this year.
Mia Robinson, Principal
Montview Math and Health Sciences Elementary
Mia Robinson Kim Olszewski
Principal Assistant Principal