Heather Stewart Principal
Hannah LeCount Assistant Principal
Aimee Justice-Lundt Dean
- We have 450 students in an urban setting.
- Montview is a Title I school in Aurora Public Schools located in Aurora, Colorado.
- The students we serve come to us from a variety of backgrounds with highly individualized needs:
- Over 92% of students receive free or reduced lunches.
- The percentage of students whose primary language is not English reaches over 80%. At least nine different languages are represented at Montview.
- The transiency rate for students at our school is over 125%.
- Approximately three-fourths of our students are Hispanic, with the rest of the population made up of African-American, Asian, Caucasian, and Native American.
- In partnership with the University of Colorado, Denver, Montview serves as a Professional Development School for teacher candidates.
- Parent involvement is encouraged through Family Nights and conferences. PTO holds fundraisers to provide assemblies and supplies.
- Our dedication to technology can be observed in our classrooms and technology lab, where students operate the latest technological equipment as tools for learning, including every classroom having Promethean technology.
- Our Affective Education team provides services to students and families to increase productive behavior, problem solving, conflict resolution and resiliency.
- Montview has been recognized as an exemplary elementary school, receiving many awards and accolades for our innovative teaching and high student achievement.
- Montview was one the 2012 Foundations for Great Schools
- Montview ranked 10th in Math CSAP scores in all of Colorado.
- Montview has received the Exemplary Reading Program award from the International Reading Association.
- The United States Department of Education presented Montview with the National Award for Model Professional Development, a Certificate of Merit for outstanding progress towards excellence in compensatory education and a Title I Schoolwide Project Award .
- The Colorado Department of Education highlighted Montview in a publication showcasing schools moving successfully toward the Colorado Content Standards and Goals 2000.
- The school was also recognized as a Governor's Educational Creativity Initiative School.